- 20 years conducting and analysing research studies on six continents.
- Sectors worked in included financial services, healthcare, sustainable agriculture, energy, food, soft drinks and alcohol, electronics, business services, and household products.
- Employers and roles: NFO (now TNS) - Jointly managed international research division; led global research projects. Wirthlin Worldwide - Led international research projects in healthcare, agriculture, business services, and financial services; managed UK staff. NOP (now GfK NOP) - Conducted research studies in financial sector. Started career in advertising and media research for two smaller consulting firms.
- Lifelong reading and independant study on history, economics, and politics.
- BSc in Economics from the Wharton school of the University of Pennsylvania (dual major in international business and marketing).
- Other subjects studied at university level include sociology, history and sociology of science, Canadian studies, Spanish, Dutch language and literature, advanced mathematics, statistics, accounting, and management.